Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Let's crack open a cold one, and listen to episode 21!

It's that time again, everyone! I have a few things I want to talk to you guys about. The first is a Youtube channel that Jeff and I are starting called Friend Quest! It's sort of a Let's Play channel where the two of us (or maybe sometimes just one of us) will be playing through fun games you might be interested in. Jeff just started uploading our run through Tower of Doom, one of the old D&D arcade games- we've got some others that we'll be putting up in the future and then we'll pick some other games to play too. So check it out if you can!

The other thing I wanted to mention is the possibility of trying to generate revenue from this podcast. I'm not sure how I want to do it yet, but I might start running ads, or maybe just something as unobtrusive as adding a Paypal Donate Button onto the blog here- I think ideally a Patreon would be the best end-goal, but at the moment we just don't have a big enough listenership to merit starting one just yet. So if any of you have any suggestions, or avenues that you think would be the least bothersome, then please let me know!

Anyway, with that aside, this was a fun episode. We talk about preparation, drinking RC cola, preparation, changing up your encounters, preparation, grinding up sentient beings, and preparation. If anyone out there has any items to submit to the Dragon's Hoard, or if you have questions you'd like us to discuss on-air, please submit them to InterPartyConflict@gmail.com!


RSS Feed Link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions answered this episode:

1. When you plan a session, what are the things you always make sure to prepare, and what things do you plan on improvising? Do you have a "golden list of things" you always make sure you know before the session starts?

2. How do you make a dynamic combat encounter?

3. How should I speed up the pace of play? For that matter, should I even try to speed it up? Would that have a negative impact on the players and the campaign?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteworthy links:

The SCP Foundation, a user-submitted wiki of creepy mysterious things

Warehouse 13, a TV show with a similar concept to the SCP Foundation

The Cancer Mage, a class Jeff was trying to remember

Two pictures referenced from the Book of Vile Darkness: Dwarven Pirate killing an angel and "Crushing Fist of Spite"

PewDiePie fighting Ornstein & Smough from Dark Souls (Now, let me make it clear: I cannot stand PewDiePie for even a second, but this video is the only one I found that did a good job of showing the frustration of fighting Ornstein & Smough. So I highly recommend watching it with the sound off.)

And here's the first episode of our Friend Quest run of Tower of Doom: Episode 1: No Parking

No comments:

Post a Comment