Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Episode 39

Hey everyone! This has been a busy last couple weeks for me (it's going to be a busy month, really) but there's been a lot of really cool stuff. Jeff and I got to play a kick-ass game Dungeons & Dragons with Justin from Crit Academy (the Claws of Madness module that they give out as prizes to listeners), I celebrated my 9-year wedding anniversary, I got to play another game of D&D with some friends from work, Stardew Valley came out on the Switch, and I've been trying to watch a horror movie every day this month. Hoo boy! Busy times.

In any case, this was a fun episode to record and I hope you have a fun time listening to it. Whenever you get a chance, head on over to Audibletrial.com/Conflict to get yourself a free audio book- there's some great ones on there.

Episode 39 - Serious or Not

RSS Feed Link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions answered this episode:

1. How do you make diseases and curses interesting in your games? How do you balance making the party fear the effects of a curse or disease without making the effects too debilitating?

2. Which tone do you prefer in campaigns, a more serious tone or a light hearted one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteworthy links:

Tony's Restaurant, where Jeff and I got massive bacon sandwiches

Adventures in Erylia, an actual play podcast that recently re-launched

RC Cola

Looper, a movie about time-travelling organized crime

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Some rats playing basketball, because why not

Kingdom Hearts 2

Monty Python coconuts scene

The Ballad of Ball of Arms Man

Cowboy Bebop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's Audible Pick:

Azure Bonds by Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb (which I've recommended before, but I'll do it again)

No comments:

Post a Comment