Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Successful episode is successful!

So, after lots of double (and triple... and quadruple...) checking, we made it through this episode without any issues. Thanks to everyone for bearing through the difficulties, and I hope you appreciated the Garg and Moonslicer episode! I don't know if the quality is responsible, but we had more hits in the last week than in any other two weeks combined (possibly three). So I hope that means it was a worthwhile listen.

Anyway, this week we talk about losing your memory, switching editions, running a campaign with multiple DMs and when to give out magic items (spoiler: all the time!). I think this was a good episode, and I hope you all enjoy it too!

If any of you have any questions for us to discuss, or any magic items for the Dragon's Hoard, e-mail us at InterPartyConflict@gmail.com!

Episode 17: Group Activities

RSS Feed Link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions answered this episode:

1. Would you ever switch editions during a campaign?

2. You've mentioned playing in groups where the DMs and players switched off. How did you make that work with the in-game adventuring party? How did you manage the story for when the character's player suddenly became the DM? Any tips for doing a campaign like this?

3. As a new DM I'm having issues with knowing when and how I should give players magic items in-game. Also, should I just say "You have a flying broom, write that in your inventory" or should I make flash cards with all of the info with them?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteworthy links:

Sandman, a graphic novel by Neil Gaiman

The Adventure Zone, a great podcast I've mentioned before

Order of the Stick, a long-running D&D webcomic

Here's a Gaming Historian video about the Super Mario Bros. Movie

The Black Egg

Apparently there isn't a published set of Magic Item cards for 5e, but you can make your own using https://crobi.github.io/rpg-cards/generator/generate.html.

I don't remember why, but while editing I had the thought to add this wonderful video into the show notes. So here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment