Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week 13: A Lovely April Morning

Funny story: I got this episode completely edited, uploaded to Soundcloud, and I was in the process of converting the file to video to post on Youtube when I realized that the file I was converting had somehow become 70 minutes of pure silence (including the file I'd uploaded to Soundcloud). Luckily, I save multiple versions of every episode as I'm editing, so as to not have to record the whole thing over again. (My hard drive is none too happy about it, though.)

Which is good, because I am very pleased with this episode! I think we cover some important issues and we make a compelling argument. (I just hope listeners feel the same way.) In this episode we talk about all sorts of problem players, telling your players to get the lead out and sado-masochistic obsessions. Er... something like that. Also Star Trek.

If you can, hit us up on iTunes and leave us a review. Or Stitcher, or Youtube, or wherever you get your podcasts. We really appreciate it! You can also submit questions and items of your own to InterPartyConflict@gmail.com. We'll read them on the air, and even say whatever name you tell us! (Within reason. Don't tell me your name is Gabe Sucksatdeendeeyadvice, unless you can provide a photo of a valid driver's license or passport.)

Episode 13: Rather Problematic

RSS Feed Link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions answered this episode:

1. Would you as a DM ever use a timer to force a player to act quickly in combat? (Rather than letting them fumble to figure out what to do on their turn?)

2. Have you experimented with reskinning classes and class features to emulate new or un-updated material?

3. How do you avoid being the problem player?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteworthy links:

Farscape, one of the best Science Fiction television shows of all time

Star Trek: Generations

Whirling Frenzy Barbarian variant from the 3.5 Unearthed Arcana

Twin Humanities, a Dark Souls podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment