Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Let's translate episode 60 for you!

Hello, listeners! Another week has just flown by. I've been super busy lately, both with real life and with podcast stuff (mainly these Patreon rewards- I'm happy to have to do them, but it's definitely a lot of plates to keep up in the air) so I'm just trying to make the best use of my time.

This week, we talk about two main topics- our personal processes for creating NPCs (as well as the different approaches we take between NPCs and PCs), and what to do when a player wants to create new abilities. I hope this episode helps others to feel a bit of insight from the way that I personally approach running a game- I don't expect everyone to run games the way I do, but in any case this is one approach and hopefully it gives you something to think about!

This week's Chapel on the Cliffs winner is Seth M! Anyone else who wants to enter can do so by sending us an e-mail at InterPartyConflict@gmail.com with "Chapel on the Cliffs" in the subject line. (Also: Seth M, if a few days pass and you don't receive an e-mail, go ahead and get in contact with us and we can get it to you.) So congratulations to all of our past and future winners!

And of course, Chapel on the Cliffs is created by Goblin Stone, one of the content creators on the Critnation Fellowship! For more adventures, check out LoresmythAurican's Lair, and Jeff Stevens- and for more podcasts, visit our friends at Crit Academy and D&D Character Lab!

Thanks for listening, and we'll see you next week!

Episode 60 - Understanding NPCs

RSS Feed Link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions answered this episode:

1. How much do you reference the books when building NPCs?

2. There's a player in my group that wants to create a lot of his own abilities. I think it might be getting out of hand. When comes the point that you say "enough is enough" and tell him to stick to the books?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteworthy Links:

My gaming chair (poor lighting, sorry guys)

Hero Quest

The Sims

Poltergeist (1982)

Game Master's Day

A Wizard Did It

Rosetta Stone

Sleepy Gary

Time Lord

Who the F*** is my D&D Character

Dark Souls boss duels

Night Sword, an awesome attack from Final Fantasy Tactics

Skyrim

1 comment:

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog..
    Translation services near me

    ReplyDelete