Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Episode 62, the Musical Fruit

Hello, listeners! Gabe here. I hope you're all having a terrible week.... APRIL FOOLS! I know, I know, a little early. But if I'm a little early then nobody will be expecting it. In all seriousness, I'm having a terrible day and I hope you are too..... APRIL FOOLS AGAIN! No, no, seriously, you're all great and thank you so much for listening to our podcast, and thank you to all of our patrons for giving us their hard-earned money so that Jeff and I can sit in front of my computer and talk about games.... APRIL FOOLS! Er, wait, that was for real. Then... APRIL FOOLS on that April Fools! Right?

Wait, hang on. There was that first one, then the second one... April Fools? April Fools? If I say it enough time then it'll all balance out or something.... APRIL FOOLS!

Okay, enough of that.

This week, we talk about two main topics- how to railroad your players (when you absolutely need to!), and how to know if your D&D group is worth sticking with. (The two topics may or may not be related. We can't say.) However, a big chunk of the episode is spent talking about one of the most bonkers magic items I've ever seen- and it's straight from the official 5e Dungeon Master's Guide! As you'll hear, we had a blast talking about it and I hope you have a blast listening to it.

Just a reminder- I told you all last week about a great new project I'm starting, so if you want the full explanation of that, go back and listen to the last five minutes or so. But the short of it is: I want your Arcade Memories! Any stories you have of going to the arcade, the sights, the sounds, the rivalries, the high scores- any of it, I want you to record your story and send it to me! I'll compile these stories into a big podcast and put it out on the internet with sounds and music and atmosphere and it'll be great. (And if you can't record yourself, feel free to write it out for me and I'll record it myself. But the more of YOU that's in your memories, the more magical they'll feel!) So if you want to contribute, send us an e-mail at InterPartyConflict@gmail.com!

Congratulations to this week's Chapel on the Cliffs winner, Avenshil! (I'm not sure if that's a name or just an e-mail address, but that's what we're calling you.) You should get an e-mail within the next day or so with instructions on how to redeem it. (If you don't, check your spam filter, or just e-mail me and I'll get you sorted out.) Anyone else who wants to enter can do so by sending us an e-mail with "Chapel on the Cliffs" in the subject line! It's so easy!

Of course, Chapel on the Cliffs is created by Goblin Stone, one of the content creators on the Critnation Fellowship! For more adventures, check out LoresmythAurican's Lair, and Jeff Stevens- and for more podcasts, visit our friends at Crit Academy and D&D Character Lab!

Now get out of here, and don't listen to us next week.... APRIL FOOLS!

(No seriously, please listen to us next week. We've got a great episode planned.)


RSS Feed Link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions answered this episode:

1. How can I convince players to go where I need them to?

2. How do I know if my D&D group is worth sticking with?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteworthy Links:

Smash Brothers - Crazy Hand (the hand gesture I was making at Jeff while speaking as the weird bean salesman)

Jack and the Beanstalk

The Internet Weighs As Much As A Strawberry

Alchemy Jug (Which we covered in our very first Dragon's Hoard segment!)

Legion of Doom

A terrible argument for how to pronounce "gif"

Monstrous Races, a 5e book that creates a playable character race for every monster in the Monster Manual

The World Serpent Inn, a transitive plane that resembles an ever-expanding inn that warps from plane to plane

Gossamer, the big red monster from Looney Toons

Kingdom Come, the DC Graphic Novel we talked about during the Funeral Pyre segment

No comments:

Post a Comment