Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Episode 3? More like Episode... Three!

Another week, another episode! I feel like the quality of the content of this episode is better than the last two- though the sound quality has me scratching my head. We recorded in a different spot than episode 2 and I think there might have been more room noise (as well as an annoying cracking noise in the background periodically, which I did my best to remove whenever possible) so I'll be experimenting before we record next.

This episode marks the beginning of our new segment: The Dragon's Hoard! Every episode we'll begin by delving into one interesting magic item- either an official one from various editions of the game, or a homebrew item that we like- and talking about ways it could be used. For now we'll be picking some of our favorites that we come across on our own, but if you want to submit any (homebrew or pre-written) then please send them to InterPartyConflict@gmail.com!

I also had to upgrade my Soundcloud account to host this episode. I was going to do it anyway, but now I have to. Did you know Soundcloud lets you see not only what countries/states/websites people are listening to your track from, but it also tells you how many times a given person has listened to it? It's funny.

So, check it out. Multiple times if need be. I'll know, but that's okay. I won't tell.

Episode 3: On Shopkeepers


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Questions answered this episode: 

1. What's your opinion on marketplaces within a session? For me they seem to drag on for a bit and my players don't seem to be too excited for them. I try to spice things up with very highenergy shop keeps and sellers, but ultimately, my players just wait for their turns to buy then leave. Do you have any suggestions for purchasing using gold or just making the process less painful?

2. What are your qualifications for a usable adventure module?

3. When do you introduce dragons?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noteworthy links:


The D&D module with the Calzone Golem (One note about this: It used to be free on the WotC website, but all links to it bring up a 404 message. This link has it available for purchase for $0.99, though- if you want a Calzone Golem that badly. Think of it this way- when was the last time you bought a real Calzone for that cheap, let alone a reusable fantasy one?)


No comments:

Post a Comment